Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sleepless in Oklahoma

Since I moved to Oklahoma in August, and my full sleeping nights are countable and rare. I usually don't sleep the whole night and when I do sleep a little, I have nightmares about the past eight years in Iraq. So  my system is keeping me awake in order not to have those nightmares.

But last night was unique; same thing, no sleep. At some point I managed to sleep and I had a good dream being in a new friend's house in Iraq and having a wonderful conversation. Then she prepared a bed for me to spend the night in her room. While we were sleeping, mortar shells fell around the house and the bombing voices were horrible! We all woke up scared and I was shaking and yelling: :  WHAT IS THAT!!! WHAT IS THAT????"  
My friend was scared too but she was holding my body and saying: " don't worry! Don't worry" 

I woke up shaking and sweating and never slept again. 

Now, it is 4:30 a.m. and I am fully awake after a horrible nightmare about Iraq so scared to go to sleep again.


No comments:

Post a Comment