Friday, June 19, 2015

Quotes from THE BREAD GIVERS

"One day, the ache for people broke down my feelings of difference from them. I felt I most tear myself out of my aloneness. Nothing had ever come to me without my going after it. I had to fight for my living, fight for every bit of education. Why should I expect friendship and love to come to me out of the air while I sat there, dreaming about it."  p.218

"Don't worry. I'll even get married some day. But to marry myself to a man that's a person, I must first make myself for a person" 

p.172

Bread Givers - Anzia Yezierska 1925 

Persea Books, Inc. 



I read that book from cover to cover. This book described me almost in details. I can relate to the main character of the book very well. She struggled to break out from the old world and the culture that she has been raised to follow. She fought and struggled for all her dreams. I think it is a must read for every ambitious and driven woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment